When it's wet and cold outside it is understandable that we prefer our pups to stay warm and dry inside, plus keep our floors mud free! But how do we help them fight the boredom?
1. It's Kong Time - Kong's are wonderful ways to help make your pup work for their treats and help make them last a little longer. Make sure you get one that has a small hole at the bottom, as well as the large opening for the treats to be placed inside, as this eliminates the risk of a suction injury.
2. Raid the recycling bin - In our house we love to place treats in empty toilet rolls then place these in cereal boxes. Kiba and Freja have so much fun tearing them apart to get to their noms.
3. Hide n Seek - Our place has lots of doors to hide behind and Kiba and Freja love coming to find us, though if it were based on points we're quite sure they'd win!
4. More fun and games - When the weather is less than desirable outside then we try and entertain our pups by practicing tricks, or starting to teach them new ones, as well as doing exercises to help Kiba with his weak left hind leg.
5. Snug as a bug in a rug - Our pets are so cuddly so when it's cold it's just lovely having them curl up beside you and help keep you warm.
Click HERE for a PDF outlining 5 ways to help keep your pup busy and happy when they can't, or shouldn't, be playing outside!